How can I upgrade from Freelance 6.5 to 7?
Thread poster: CathyFS

CathyFS  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
German to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2007

A client for whom I do a lot of work wants me to upgrade from 6.5 to 7 so that I can proofread jobs done in TagEditor 7 (at present, settings in the files change if I proofread version 7 files using version 6.5, and so this isn't possible). I mailed Trados a week ago, but as yet no response. I've mailed them again - maybe I'll get a response this time. I can't find the option anywhere on their site to download version 7. Is this simply because it's now considered an old version?

Also, even if I do succeed in upgrading to version 7, will I be able to switch back to version 6.5 at will for another client who requests that I use 6.5?

I quite the tecchie when it comes to my PC and Windows and most other applications, but Trados stuff can leave me a little confused (to say the least!) at times.

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 23:51
English to Indonesian
+ ...
t6.5 and t7 Apr 10, 2007

i don't know about the upgrade procedure, but you can use trados 6.5 with 7 on one computer. it says so in the guides, and i tried it too. imo, t6.5 is more stable than t7.

[Edited at 2007-04-10 10:26]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:51
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"I mailed Trados a week ago, but as yet no response" Apr 10, 2007

You can expect a pretty fast response, if you simply purchase the upgrade at

http://www.translationzone.com/

Regards

CathyFS  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"simply purchase the upgrade at http://www.translationzone.com/" Apr 11, 2007

Thanks for the comment Vito, but it doesn't answer my question at all - the problem was that I was unable to download Trados 7 from SDL's website! www.translationzone.com was the first place I turned to, well before posting my query on ProZ.

In fact, I eventually rang SDL, and it turns out that they no longer sell Trados 7, as it's now considered an old version. Which is why I was unable to find Trados 7 on SDL's website. The only way to get around this issue was to use Trados 2007. I was able to download a one-month trial version before forking out for the upgrade. Of course, it's not the version my client specifically wanted me to use, but it's the next best thing.

I guess this question is now closed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I upgrade from Freelance 6.5 to 7?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs