Mobile menu

Trados ini for Microsoft InfoPath
Thread poster: Rahvin
Apr 11, 2007

Hi all,

I need to translate some similar Microsoft InfoPath documents and want to use Trados for this.
InfoPath documents come as .xml files, but there is no ini file provided.

I found nothing when searching the forums. There was nothing on SDL support KB too.

Can somebody help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
English to Indonesian
+ ...
not supported, i guess Apr 11, 2007

can't find any on the file formats reference guide. i don't think it is supported.

[Edited at 2007-04-11 08:27]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:58
English to German
+ ...
Software version? Apr 11, 2007

Hi Michael,
Unfortunately, you did not provide the software version you're using (guess we need to create a pop-up, flashing lights and a siren for the important note shown on the topic posting page...).

TagEditor 7.5 has a wizard that lets you create the .ini file (Tools - Tag Settings - New...). IIRC this was introduced with version 7.0.

Trying to work with an XML file directly (i.e. by using standard HTML settings) is bound to fail, as XML tags are customised by definition.

HTH, Ralf

Tag Settings Manager Apr 11, 2007

sorry for not providing all information in the first post.

I left these information out because the ini files have not changed through the versions of Trados.
I am using Trados 2006 (7.5).

I am familiar with the Tag Settings Manager and I could create an ini file this way. But that would have one disadvantage.
If a new element of InfoPath is in the customers document I would catch it first when I translate the document and have to rebuild my ini file.

If there was a powerful ini that contains all elements of InfoPath it would be great

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados ini for Microsoft InfoPath

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs