https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/70350-how_to_create_a_new_tm_fast_from_a_bilingual_tageditor_file.html

how to create a new TM (fast) from a bilingual Tageditor file
Thread poster: Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:17
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2007

Hello everyone,

I happened to add up three TMs in order to translate a job with a high number of repetitions.

BUT, as the client wants a clean TM, i.e. only with his file in it, I have to create a new TM from scrap (the document is already translated, bilingual, in Tageditor).

I have tried to make a cleanup, as I know this works with RTF texts, but this time it did not work.

Does anyone know a way to create a TM from a previously translated Ta
... See more
Hello everyone,

I happened to add up three TMs in order to translate a job with a high number of repetitions.

BUT, as the client wants a clean TM, i.e. only with his file in it, I have to create a new TM from scrap (the document is already translated, bilingual, in Tageditor).

I have tried to make a cleanup, as I know this works with RTF texts, but this time it did not work.

Does anyone know a way to create a TM from a previously translated Tageditor doc without having to go through every single segment again?

Thanks a lott for your support!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
File type? Error details? Apr 11, 2007

Hi Maria,
Can you please provide some more details?

Which file type are you working on (= the underlying file type used to create the TTX files)?

What happens when you try to clean up? Is there an error message?

Best regards,
Ralf

CleanUp with "Update TM" option Apr 11, 2007

Hi,

you can use the CleanUp command from Translator's Workbench.
Choose "Update TM" from the "Changed translations" section to ensure that all data is cleaned into your TM. The default is "Don't update".

Sometimes word files that have been processed with TagEditor do not update the TM (this happened to me some time ago).

hope that helps.

Michael

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello, Apr 11, 2007

thank you,

I am working with an original word doc, imported to Tageditor.

When I work with RTF files (prepared, for instance from Framemaker) I can just clean up the files with an empty TM and obtain a full TM with all the segments of the cleaned text.

Do you know if this is possible in Tageditor in some way?

thanks!!

Maria

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it did work this time Apr 11, 2007

Thank you very much, Michael,

I just forgot to tick on the Update TM button!

thanks, now I have the specific document TM,

all the best,

Maria

Maria San Martin wrote:

thank you,

I am working with an original word doc, imported to Tageditor.

When I work with RTF files (prepared, for instance from Framemaker) I can just clean up the files with an empty TM and obtain a full TM with all the segments of the cleaned text.

Do you know if this is possible in Tageditor in some way?

thanks!!

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to create a new TM (fast) from a bilingual Tageditor file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »