https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/70556-2007_trados_update_term_recognition_with_wrong_language.html

2007 Trados update/Term recognition with wrong language
Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 09:41
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
Apr 13, 2007

1. I downloaded Trados 2007 after I installed 2006 one. I followed the instructions on the update notification from the company. I don't have to install it after the download again like I did with 2006 one?

2. I was practicing translating using Trados - just purchased. Then Workbench found a word which has been recogonized on the right window. But it's in German, not Korean.

How should I fix this problem? In Term recognition, the language setting was Engl
... See more
1. I downloaded Trados 2007 after I installed 2006 one. I followed the instructions on the update notification from the company. I don't have to install it after the download again like I did with 2006 one?

2. I was practicing translating using Trados - just purchased. Then Workbench found a word which has been recogonized on the right window. But it's in German, not Korean.

How should I fix this problem? In Term recognition, the language setting was English to German. There's no Korean for the choice.

Thank you.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you have any termbase? Apr 14, 2007

You cannot expect a working terem recognition without a proper termbase.
Most probably you have only the sample termbase, which with almost secure certainity will not have Korean as language. Would the termbase you have used for term recognition have Korean among its languages, you certainly would have been able to chose Korean as target language.

Please create a proper termbase first, then you will be able to use it.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2007 Trados update/Term recognition with wrong language

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »