MultiTerm 2007 - cannot create a new termbase
Thread poster: Jabberwock

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:31
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Apr 16, 2007

I have tried reinstallation etc., to no avail. Whatever I do, I cannot create a new MT base. The old ones are working fine, no problem with them.

Needless to say, when I compare the amount of new features and new bugs introduced in this version, I am slightly, umm, annoyed...

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Is your Java working properly? Apr 16, 2007

Jabberwock wrote:

I have tried reinstallation etc., to no avail. Whatever I do, I cannot create a new MT base. The old ones are working fine, no problem with them.

Needless to say, when I compare the amount of new features and new bugs introduced in this version, I am slightly, umm, annoyed...

I have the new MT 2007 and I can create termbase using predefined settings (from MT Convert Excel to MT) or using a predefined bilingual glossary. Are you trying to create a termbase from scratch or using one of those methods?

As for the second part of your post - it is indeed a big problem with SDL Trados 2007. The software is not stable in my environment and has a lot of smaller or bigger bugs...

Jerzy

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing, giving up for now... Apr 17, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

I have the new MT 2007 and I can create termbase using predefined settings (from MT Convert Excel to MT) or using a predefined bilingual glossary. Are you trying to create a termbase from scratch or using one of those methods?

Jerzy

I have used all three methods, to no avail. As I do not have much time for experiments, I have resorted to the old Excel for now.

Another little gem of not-so-well-prepared software releases: when I checked if I have MT in Word, it did show up, but in... Chinese! (I think...). Now, I do not have that problem, as I do have the MT menu , but it contains... no text at all - just the icons. Now that is what I call intelligent software - how does it know I do not read Chinese?

Nozomi Kugita  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:31
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
same issue - any help appreciated Apr 26, 2007

I have the same issue - actually issue's':

1. Cannot create a new termbase in Multiterm 2007,
2. Multiterm menu in Word contains submenus all in Chinese

I have tried reinstalling and also tried to create a new termbase in all 3 methods available, but still no luck. I checked the SDL knowledgebase site, and I did not find any relevant information.

Any help is appreciated!
TIA

noz

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
SDL solution Apr 26, 2007

Here is the reply I received from SDL support:

Please check if the file ‘MultiTermMtTemplate.mdb’ is present in this folder C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\SDL International\MultiTerm\Termbases. If it is not present there, please copy this file from C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\Templates and paste it into the above folder. Then open Multiterm again and check if you can create new termbases now.

It seems that there is a problem with the installer if you select "Yes" for the option to restore existing termbases. We are currently investigating this problem.

It worked for me...

Harry Borsje
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Apr 29, 2007

Just wanted to say thank you for this solution.

Nozomi Kugita  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:31
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Thank you!!! Apr 29, 2007

Thank you sooooo much, Jabberwock, for your valuable information! It certainly worked!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2007 - cannot create a new termbase

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs