https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/70800-trados_free_trial%3A_cant_download.html

Trados free trial: can't download
Thread poster: Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:24
English to Greek
+ ...
Apr 17, 2007

Before purchasing the full Trados 2007 membership, I decided to download the free trial to practice more with the software. However, when I type the password that's being asked, it doesn't "let" me proceed to the next step (it's disabled). Therefore, I can't even finish the installation of the trial.
Is there something I do wrong? Thanks in advance.
Christiana

Terejimenez
Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
TW4.win.exe error - SDL Trados 2007 Free Trial Apr 18, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I am having trouble to run the SDL Trados 2007 Trial. I installed the software but it does not open the workbench, winalign or Tageditor. Everytime I try to open the applications I get the "TW4.win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

As suggested in another forum, I already deleted the normal. dot template, changed the Trados registry to old-Trados, reinstalled the software 3 times but keep getting the same error.

Thank
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I am having trouble to run the SDL Trados 2007 Trial. I installed the software but it does not open the workbench, winalign or Tageditor. Everytime I try to open the applications I get the "TW4.win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

As suggested in another forum, I already deleted the normal. dot template, changed the Trados registry to old-Trados, reinstalled the software 3 times but keep getting the same error.

Thank you very much for your inputs,

Tere
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
Uninstall any other previous versions Apr 19, 2007

Hi,
Uninstall any other previous versions then install SDL Trados 2007.

Kind regards

Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou  Identity Verified
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hi Apr 19, 2007

Ahmad Wadan wrote:

Hi,
Uninstall any other previous versions then install SDL Trados 2007.

Kind regards

Hi,

I don't have any previous versions of Trados; I only used the previous version at the university, for my course but now I'm trying to install it on my computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados free trial: can't download

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »