Thread poster: Emilie Pecheul

Emilie Pecheul
France
Local time: 02:25
Member (2006)
English to French
Apr 22, 2007

Hi
I've recently upgraded to Trados 2007 on my computer (Word 2007), the Trados Menu is visible, workbench is open, but when I click on "open"a, no translation unit appears, do you know how to fix that problem?
thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

TransLangues  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Track changes disabled? Apr 22, 2007

Emilie Pecheul wrote:

Hi
I've recently upgraded to Trados 2007 on my computer (Word 2007), the Trados Menu is visible, workbench is open, but when I click on "open"a, no translation unit appears, do you know how to fix that problem?
thanks!

Hi Emilie,
Did you disable Track Changes (automatically ON in Word 2007)? this did the trick for me (but Word told me to do so...).
Regards,
Muriel Mattiussi - TransLangues

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:25
English to French
+ ...
Page break Apr 23, 2007

I have encountered the same problem. In my case, the problem was that there was a page break right after the last character of the segment. It's as though Trados was including the page break in the segment, but Trados can't handle page breaks inside segments.

My fix: go to the end of the segment and press Enter (line break). This will add a blank line underneath the segment. However, since there is a page break following it, in 99% of cases, the appearance of the page will stay exactly the same. Then, if you go back and try to open the segment again, it will open as normal and you'll be able to edit it. For the other 1% of cases, I suggest to leave the particular segment untranslated and let the client know about the problem as well as supply the translation of the untranslated segment separately. This way, you have done your work despite the layout problem but the client will have control over the layout of the document as well (you will not have busted their precious layout).

All the best!

Emilie Pecheul
France
Member (2006)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't work Apr 23, 2007

for the moment, I'm trying again.. no way to open a TU anyway!
thanks, Emilie

Emilie Pecheul
France
Member (2006)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
solution!!! May 26, 2007

I've uninstalled trados 2007 and reinstalled the 882 patch (available in "my doawnloads" on the trados site), and now it seems to be working... great!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2007 and WORD 2007: I can't open a new Translation Unit

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs