Mobile menu

Trados (SDL Trados 2007) TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem...
Thread poster: Véronique L.

Véronique L.  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:54
English to French
+ ...
Apr 22, 2007

Hi,

I have used the Translators Workbench to translate a MSWord document. So far, so good. But when I try to clean up the document, the Workbench converts it almost til the end (100%), and suddenly crashes and the following message appears:

"TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I run the Microsoft Windows XP OS and work with the SDL Trados 2007 version.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with it???

Thanks,

Véronique

Direct link Reply with quote

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:54
Italian to English
+ ...
Does document have a lot of differnetly formatted sections? Apr 23, 2007

I had the same problem yesterday which I found was caused by an MS Word document with very many sections in which the page layout changed from portrait to landscape. I had to copy the portrait sections (from one landscape section to the next) clean up the portrait sections individually and then join them re-inserting the landscape sections. I use Windows XP, Trados 2006 and Word 2003.

Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Reinstall Apr 23, 2007

The same problem, so I completely uninstalled the previous vesrion SDL Trados 2006, deleted all items in register and remaining folders and reinstalled Microsoft.net. Then installed the new version and it is ok now with all MSWord documents.
-Just my practice-

Good luck

Véronique L.  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Apr 23, 2007

Hi,

To answer your questions:

- No, my document is a very simple MSWord with one font used and no complex layout.

- And now I'm thinking: I had both 2006 and 2007 versions on my computer. Once I had downloaded the 2007 version, I started using it. Then, I decided to unistall the 2006 version (to get some more space on my C drive) a couple of hours before using the 2007 again. That might explain why I had this bug.

I have tried now and everything's fine. Until...

Thank you so much for helping me!

Véronique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados (SDL Trados 2007) TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem...

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs