No target term available in MultiTerm entry
Thread poster: Erik Freitag

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:03
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
May 3, 2007

I'm using SDL Trados 2006. I've created a termbase from a txt file. If I search for terms in MultiTerm standalone, everything works fine: I can search for terms in EN, and Multiterm shows me the relevant target terms. The source index is EN-UK, then I have three target fields (labelled Deutsch 1, Deutsch 2, Deutsch 3), which are indexed as target fields (DE).

However, if I try to use the termbase with Trados Workbench, Multiterm still finds the relevant source terms in the segment and displays them in the workbench-window, but the corresponding target terms are not shown. Instead, I get an error message saying "No target term available in MultiTerm entry". I've checked the language settings and they seem to be ok (at least, term recognition works well).

What's happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

P.S.: I found out that this has to do with the setting of a second termbase in MultiTerm. MultiTerm returns the error message "No target term..." for every termbase that is not selected as default termbase.
In other words: Multiterm correctly recognises terms in all opened termbases, but returns target terms only for the termbase selected as the default one.

There has been a forum post ( about an obviously similar problem, but with no helpful solution for me.

Please help!

[Bearbeitet am 2007-05-03 09:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No target term available in MultiTerm entry

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs