Sweden
Local time: 15:27
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 3, 2007

Hi all,

I have a very simple XML file, that basically consists of lines like this:
data key='AccessControlCodeError' value='Invalid code'/

(Each line starts and ends with angle brackets, which are not visible in the Proz forum.)

When I run the Tag Settings Wizard to create a custom .ini file, it suggests that the element "data" should be external.

Off course, this means that all text will be greyed and untranslatable in TagEditor.

When I tamper with the .ini file manually, I'm able to change the element type to "internal" or "placeholder", but the text still comes up as red in TagEditor, ie as tags rather than translatable text.

Obviously, I want simply the text to the right of value=' to come us as translatable.

Is there any way for me to configure this in the tag Settings Wizard???

TIA,

/Jan

[Edited at 2007-05-03 08:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:27
English to Dutch
+ ...
tags and translatable text May 3, 2007

Obviously, I want simply the text to the right of value=' to come out as translatable.

If it looks like this:
data key='AccessControlCodeError' value='Invalid code'
and data is the name of the element (the entire thing is and will be a tag; internal or external does not matter)
you need to (I think) add or define value as a translatable attribute.

You can do this in Tag Settings Manager (no need to upset the Wizard) in which you select the ini, hit ‘Properties’, hit ‘Elements’, then data, hit ‘Properties’, hit ‘Attributes’...
In the name field you may need to add value, & click ‘Add’. As far as I can see you’ll be required to check the check box for value...

That's it, or should be.

Haven’t done this ever myself, though; kind of curiuos if it’ll work.

Bye!

[Edited at 2007-05-03 18:50]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using the Tag Settings Wizard for XML?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs