Term recognition disabled
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:48
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
May 5, 2007

I have just updated to the new 2007 Trados and Multiterm versions. Unfortunately, since installing them Trados cannot connect up with Multiterm in order to recognise terminology.

So far, I have apparently successfully installed and licensed them both. I then created a new TM for the translation I want to do this evening. As usual, I clicked on "Options" and then "Term Recognition Options". In the box it says, "Multiterm 5 (TRADOS 5)". I try to change it to "Multiterm 7", but to no avail. I get the error message: "(-2147467259)". For this reason, I can also not, in the box underneath, browse to add the required termbases. I can try, but the location at which they are stored is empty for so long as "Multiterm 5" is marked. They are, however, all still there; I have checked.

I cannot really envisage working without term recognition, even for one translation (or rather three, since I have three to do this weekend). Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

P.S. I can look at the termbases in Multiterm, i.e. look up terms as if it were a paper dictionary, but the option to add entries is somehow disabled, as well.

[Edited at 2007-05-05 16:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition disabled

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs