Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:58
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
May 6, 2007

I wanted to alter the minimum match value, but cannot alter it. I can certainly alter the percentage, but the "OK" button is greyed out, so that I cannot save my choice and it returns to how it was before.

I also cannot put a tick by "Run terminology recognition in the background", for the same reason.

What is the procedure, please, to enable the "OK" button again?

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Try running the Register SDL Trados 2007 batch file May 6, 2007

Hi Astrid,

One or two other people seem to have had similar problems.

Here is a message from the TW_users Yahoo group that might help:

>
And yes, I did have a problem with Workbench not recognizing MultiTerm. I had installed Workbench first, then MultiTerm. To fix this issue, I ran the Register SDL Trados 2007 batch file
>

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/39795

You'll find it in the batch file in the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance icon group.

If that fails, you could try downloading the new MultiTerm Installer mentioned in the message from your SDL account and reinstalling.

Good luck!
PS
This is of course really an answer to your other question about connecting Workbench and MultiTerm but I hope it's of some use anyway.

Giles

[Edited at 2007-05-06 07:13]

[Edited at 2007-05-06 07:14]

[Edited at 2007-05-06 07:42]

Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing works at the moment May 6, 2007

Hi Giles,

Thanks for all your help. There appears, however, to be no solution at the moment. I have tried everything. I have re-registered the software twice over, and there does not appear to be an updated Multiterm installer, so I had to use the old one, for Multiterm 7. Needless to say, it did not help.

Astrid

[Edited at 2007-05-06 08:28]

[Edited at 2007-05-06 08:30]

Italy
Italian to English
The new installer should be there May 6, 2007

Hi Astrid,

The SDLMultiTerm2007_444.exe installer, which has a release date of 3 May, should be available for download in your SDL account, along with SDLTrados2007_FL_822.exe for Workbench, released on 2 May.

Cheers,

Giles

Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is the Multiterm program itself with that name May 6, 2007

Hi Giles,

There is the Multiterm software itself with that name, i.e. ending in "444.exe", and that is already on my computer. There is, however, no mention of any special installer for it in the list of files for download. The Multiterm software that I downloaded says it is File version 4.1.100.1332 and 223 MB.

I have Trados 2007 running, and I have Multiterm with a new look running. They both work individually, only there is no link between them. Or rather, that is not correct either. In Trados I get the blue lines over the placeables, just no red lines over the words in the termbases. They are all reorganised versions of the termbases now. I also created a new termbase, in the New Look Multiterm, but that one doesn't connect either. The main problem is that I can't get rid of the term recognition option menu's insistence upon only allowing "Multiterm 5" to connect with Trados. It is astounding, since I have never ever had Multiterm 5. Version 7.0 of everything was the first that I ever bought.

Astrid

Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem seems to be with Word XP (2002) May 6, 2007

If I click on the Trados tab at the top of Word I get this message (in German):

"Word has determined a problem and has to close down."

If I click on the Multiterm tab at the top of Word I get this message:

"Runtime error!

Progam: C:/Programme/Microsoft Office/Office 10/WINWORD.EXE.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Both messages don't look very healthy. Any clue what they mean?

Astrid

Italy
Italian to English
Have you loaded your termbases? May 6, 2007

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

Hi Giles,

There is the Multiterm software itself with that name, i.e. ending in "444.exe", and that is already on my computer.

That's OK, then. The .exe file is the installer.

They are all reorganised versions of the termbases now.

Once you have reorganised the termbases, you have to attach them to MultiTerm with the "Load external termbase" command in the Termbase menu before you can access them.

If you have done all that and things still won't work, I would be tempted to uninstall MultiTerm and Workbench and then reinstall the latest versions of both programs (2 and 3 May releases), being sure to install MultiTerm before Workbench.

BTW, your SDL download account should now contain a very clear zipped Flash presentation (Installation_Patch_2007.zip) that walks you through how to return your licence for Workbench build 820 and generate a new one for build 822.

Cheers,

Giles

Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much, Giles May 6, 2007

I have meanwhile got the Word problem solved by installing Word 2007, to match up with the new Trados and Multiterm versions.

OK, I will try loading the termbases and report on how I get on.

Thanks again.

Astrid

Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Happy ending May 6, 2007

Hi Giles,

Everything is working now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, reinstalling Multiterm first, as you suggested. I also said "No" at the point of the installation where it asked whether the termbases should be taken over. I therefore have an empty Multiterm, waiting for termbases to be imported. I have so far imported the large one - the legal one - and it connects up with Workbench 2007 most perfectly. All the red lines over the words are back.

Thanks for all your help.

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology recognition options settings disabled

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs