TagEditor does not take the translations from Trados 6.5
Thread poster: Kristine Sprula (Lielause)

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:53
English to Latvian
+ ...
May 8, 2007

I have a TagEditor file to translate with a memory file. I can get most (also not all) of the existing segments from the memory, but if I go to the new segment with "set-close-next-open-get" I can't get directly any of segments I have created myself. They show in the memory file but do not insert in the TagEditor file thought the match is 100%. The only possibility is to "restore source", then again "open/get". Then the translation is inserted. An other option is manual copying of the translation.
I hope it makes some sense....

Direct link Reply with quote

Olga Raphaelli
Local time: 09:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Cleanup does not work May 8, 2007

Hello! It is important to point out, that after finishing your document, when you try to clean up the document in Trados, it also does not work. Is there a way round it?

Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still working May 8, 2007

I am still working with the file.
In fact, it is the first itme I use TagEditor. Previously I worked with Word files.

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 14:53
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Pretranslation May 8, 2007

Hello,

is it possible that the file is pretranslated and you have copied the source segment for all not translated units into the target segment ?

If this you can work with the not not pretranslated file and you will probably have no problems.

Regards

Hans

Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Hans, May 8, 2007

I reopened the untranslated source file anew. Did not help.

Kr.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:53
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
That's possibly the same problem as Kristine has... May 9, 2007

... when you try to clean up the document in Trados, it also does not work ...

TagEditor files are just a part of the whole story: the translation is incomplete, if the original / source file is not at hand. For instance, to clean the file, TagEditor absolutely needs the source - in the same subdirectory where the ttx file resides.

The solution to this kind of problems is to start from scratch, i.e. create anew the ttx file from the original (RTF, mif, whatever) and then pretranslate. AND keep the original file where it is!

Please note, that twb in Word and TagEditor create in principle different entries in the Translation memory - the translatable content may be identical, but the entries are not - just browse through the TM using maintainance command to check this - . In other words, the TMs with contents from word translations may not be of much use when using TagEditor.

Regards

smo

[Edited at 2007-05-09 06:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor does not take the translations from Trados 6.5

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs