Weird format changes
Thread poster: MGL

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:59
Russian to English
May 8, 2007

Trados (6.5) is driving me up a wall!
I am working with a text and it is changing the TU brackets of 10-size font to 20 size font. Other sassy little tricks include changing plain text to bold or italic (that's on my other TM).

I suppose I should be happy it's working at all, but this is really irritating me, even though in the big picture it's just not that big.

Is there anything I can do to stop Trados' creative and incorrect reformatting of my texts?

(I have tried searching for similar forum queries but I generally can't get the proz search function to work in a helpful way, so my apologies if this has already been covered.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Document formatting? May 8, 2007

Hi Megan,

(I have tried searching for similar forum queries but I generally can't get the proz search function to work in a helpful way, so my apologies if this has already been covered.)

Indeed this has been discussed numerous times - if you search this forum for "font change", you will find this one, for example, where Jerzy provides some background on style-based vs. character-based formatting in Word (which I believe is the source of your problem - have you checked the styles?).

Best regards,
Ralf

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! May 8, 2007

Thank you for the link, Ralf! I guess I'm not entering enough of something in the search function...

Hopefully the direction in the post you linked to will help.

B.Rgds,

Megan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird format changes

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums