Weird format changes
Thread poster: MGL

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:50
Russian to English
May 8, 2007

Trados (6.5) is driving me up a wall!
I am working with a text and it is changing the TU brackets of 10-size font to 20 size font. Other sassy little tricks include changing plain text to bold or italic (that's on my other TM).

I suppose I should be happy it's working at all, but this is really irritating me, even though in the big picture it's just not that big.

Is there anything I can do to stop Trados' creative and incorrect reformatting of my texts?

(I have tried searching for similar forum queries but I generally can't get the proz search function to work in a helpful way, so my apologies if this has already been covered.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Document formatting? May 8, 2007

Hi Megan,

(I have tried searching for similar forum queries but I generally can't get the proz search function to work in a helpful way, so my apologies if this has already been covered.)

Indeed this has been discussed numerous times - if you search this forum for "font change", you will find this one, for example, where Jerzy provides some background on style-based vs. character-based formatting in Word (which I believe is the source of your problem - have you checked the styles?).

Best regards,
Ralf

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! May 8, 2007

Thank you for the link, Ralf! I guess I'm not entering enough of something in the search function...

Hopefully the direction in the post you linked to will help.

B.Rgds,

Megan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird format changes

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs