Mobile menu

TROUBLES WITH TAG EDITOR
Thread poster: isabelbordes
isabelbordes
English to Spanish
May 9, 2007

I am trying to open a rtf file in trados tag and I get this message:

" This file contains more than one source and/or target language. The languages appearing last in the file will be used. Would you still like to open this file?"

Either my answer is yes or no, trados tag gets stuck and I don´t get a thing.
Anyone has a clue about what might be going on?

Many thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
FYI May 9, 2007

The tread has been moved to SDL Trados forum.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Save the document as doc and you will be done May 9, 2007

after your translation is finisherd, save again as rft. No harm will be done. This happens, because Word rtf is not the same as Workbench rtf.

Regards
Jerzy

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
you cant process a bilingual rtf in TagEditor May 9, 2007

It has to be pure source. Use the bilingual file to fill up the translation memory in TWB, then start with the source rtf. Keep fingers crossed that you will be able to reuse the material already translated - TWB plus Word for instance deal with tags in a different fashion than TagEditor.

Regards

Vito

PS: if the file is already fully translated - as Jerzy seems to assume - then it's a question, why use TagEditor at all...

[Edited at 2007-05-09 18:11]

isabelbordes
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks but is not working May 9, 2007

Thank you Jerzy and Vito,

I hadn´t start translating at all. In fact, the file is the source file provided by the client.

Maybe the file itself is corrupted, I´ll tell the client to send it again...If keep on having trouble I'll let you know.

Thanks anyway!

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I do not assume the file is translated... May 9, 2007

If you have a monoligual rtf, you just have to save it as doc and it WILL work, believe me.
This will NOT work, if you file is already pretranslated - but this will not work in any case with Tageditor, as it needs only monolingual files.

You might also want to open the file in OpenOffice and save as rtf from there - also this should help.

Jerzy

isabelbordes
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy May 9, 2007

Thanks for keep on trying!
, anyway I´ve saved it as doc, and also as rtf from word, and neither of two options work.

I am wondering now if it has to do with the fact that in the name I have the format file ".isc" (although the real format is rtf, I do not know if you see my point).
It might be also that, as you are pointing me, the client might have sent me a bilingual doc by mistake...I´ll check with him

By the way, I am working with trados 6.5 Freelance and windows, office xp.

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

If you have a monoligual rtf, you just have to save it as doc and it WILL work, believe me.
This will NOT work, if you file is already pretranslated - but this will not work in any case with Tageditor, as it needs only monolingual files.

You might also want to open the file in OpenOffice and save as rtf from there - also this should help.

Jerzy

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Now we are getting closer to your problem May 9, 2007

It is NOT rtf wat you are attending to open, but an export fro InDesingn, using a story collector. this is tagged text (in fact a xml file, to be precise).
Would you please send me your file at info at doku minus trans dot de?
There may be an incompatibility between your Trados and the one from your customer. Which version does you customer use? Ask for isc converted to ttx for 6.5

Jerzy
BTW
would you have entered FULL information about your situation, we would have known this earlier... saving isc as doc will of course not help.

[Edited at 2007-05-09 19:28]

isabelbordes
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, lack of experience I suppose May 9, 2007

It was first time I had heard about .isc, in fact I didn't know it was a format file at all. Now, I do, thank you.

Anyway, now it seems to work perfectly normal with TW...
Sorry for wasting your time Jerzy!

Best Regards,
Isabel

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

It is NOT rtf wat you are attending to open, but an export fro InDesingn, using a story collector. this is tagged text (in fact a xml file, to be precise).
Would you please send me your file at info at doku minus trans dot de?
There may be an incompatibility between your Trados and the one from your customer. Which version does you customer use? Ask for isc converted to ttx for 6.5

Jerzy
BTW
would you have entered FULL information about your situation, we would have known this earlier... saving isc as doc will of course not help.

[Edited at 2007-05-09 19:28]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
BTW... May 10, 2007

would you have entered FULL information about your situation, we would have known this earlier...

+1

Vito

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TROUBLES WITH TAG EDITOR

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs