FYI May 9, 2007

Thread moved to Trados support forum.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:36
Italian to English
Trados 7 not compatible with Word 2007 May 10, 2007

Hi dualitti,

I'm afraid I haven't got Word 2007 so I can't answer your question but AFAIK you'll need to upgrade to to Trados 8 (SDL Trados 2007) if you want to use Workbench with Word 2007.

Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:36
Partial member
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Giles is right May 10, 2007

Anyway, Multiterm 7 is compatible with Word 2007 and if you will make un upgrade for Trados as well, from 7.0 to 8.0 here is the answer:
Normally, on the menu, you will have to see one last button called Add Ins.
If it’s not there, just click on Office Button (first coloured button, before Home). Then go on Word Options, Select Add-Ins on the list (the list would be the Tools menu from 2003 version, but in a different presentation), then select Manage Word Add-Ins - Go and it will Open the Templates and Add-Ins window, that you already know in Word 2003.
You will see then the last Add-Ins Menu Button added in Word and I suggest you to customize your Quick Access Toolbar with Workbench commands, because Word 2007 is not very "intelligent” when displaying Wordfast or Trados commands.
That’s it.

[Edited at 2007-05-10 10:15]

[Edited at 2007-05-10 10:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Manually install templates from trados 7.0 into Word 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs