Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:09
Italian to English
In memoriam
Trados 7 not compatible with Word 2007 May 10, 2007

Hi dualitti,

I'm afraid I haven't got Word 2007 so I can't answer your question but AFAIK you'll need to upgrade to to Trados 8 (SDL Trados 2007) if you want to use Workbench with Word 2007.

Best,

Giles

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:10
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Giles is right May 10, 2007

Anyway, Multiterm 7 is compatible with Word 2007 and if you will make un upgrade for Trados as well, from 7.0 to 8.0 here is the answer:
Normally, on the menu, you will have to see one last button called Add Ins.
If it’s not there, just click on Office Button (first coloured button, before Home). Then go on Word Options, Select Add-Ins on the list (the list would be the Tools menu from 2003 version, but in a different presentation), then select Manage Word Add-Ins - Go and it will
... See more
Anyway, Multiterm 7 is compatible with Word 2007 and if you will make un upgrade for Trados as well, from 7.0 to 8.0 here is the answer:
Normally, on the menu, you will have to see one last button called Add Ins.
If it’s not there, just click on Office Button (first coloured button, before Home). Then go on Word Options, Select Add-Ins on the list (the list would be the Tools menu from 2003 version, but in a different presentation), then select Manage Word Add-Ins - Go and it will Open the Templates and Add-Ins window, that you already know in Word 2003.
You will see then the last Add-Ins Menu Button added in Word and I suggest you to customize your Quick Access Toolbar with Workbench commands, because Word 2007 is not very "intelligent” when displaying Wordfast or Trados commands.
That’s it.

[Edited at 2007-05-10 10:15]

[Edited at 2007-05-10 10:16]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Manually install templates from trados 7.0 into Word 2007

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »