TRIDIOM
TRIDIOM
Spain
Local time: 01:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 11, 2007

Dear friends,
I am proofreading a file in tag editor of a translation for an investment company. The file is full of tables with numbers of shares, investments, etc. When translating from EN>SP, the full stop in a number must be changed for a comma and vice versa. To make it more clear, the number "1,225.76" would become "1.225,76". The problem is that trados does not stop in those segments that are puresly numeric, so right now I have to change that by hand. Is there a way to tell trados
... See more
Dear friends,
I am proofreading a file in tag editor of a translation for an investment company. The file is full of tables with numbers of shares, investments, etc. When translating from EN>SP, the full stop in a number must be changed for a comma and vice versa. To make it more clear, the number "1,225.76" would become "1.225,76". The problem is that trados does not stop in those segments that are puresly numeric, so right now I have to change that by hand. Is there a way to tell trados to stop at independent numbers?

I have version 7.0.0.615 build 615

Thank you!

Marta
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Two ideas May 11, 2007

1. TWB is supposed to take care of this kind of localizing. I never did it, so I am on a soft ground here, but I would assume the proper (target?) country setting is required. Anybody with some experience?

2. Otherwise I would just leave this transformation for later. Assuming you can edit the target document in some way, transliterating decimal period and thousands separator characters is a global search and replace (in word for instance).

Regards

[Edited at 20
... See more
1. TWB is supposed to take care of this kind of localizing. I never did it, so I am on a soft ground here, but I would assume the proper (target?) country setting is required. Anybody with some experience?

2. Otherwise I would just leave this transformation for later. Assuming you can edit the target document in some way, transliterating decimal period and thousands separator characters is a global search and replace (in word for instance).

Regards

[Edited at 2007-05-11 20:32]
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Trados Support May 11, 2007

Hello,

Trados support can send you a small plugin, which will change alle decimal , to . in number only segments.

Ask them.

Greetings

Hans

TRIDIOM
TRIDIOM
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!! May 13, 2007

Thanks! the replacing (on general basis) dos not work as I am working on a tag editor and changes have to made in the EDIT tag, so it would also change the numbers in the source text.

I will ask trados for that plug in! Thank you,

Marta

Guus Visser
Guus Visser  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Got the plug-in? Jun 8, 2007

Hi Marta,

I have exactly the same problem: lotsa tables with numbers containing a decimal point where I'd want a decimal comma.

Did you manage to get the plug-in?

@DSC: Where did you get the plug-in from? Did you contact SDL support directly or find it on the SDL support website? (support.sdl.com)?

By the way: a similar thread has been started
... See more
Hi Marta,

I have exactly the same problem: lotsa tables with numbers containing a decimal point where I'd want a decimal comma.

Did you manage to get the plug-in?

@DSC: Where did you get the plug-in from? Did you contact SDL support directly or find it on the SDL support website? (support.sdl.com)?

By the way: a similar thread has been started here: http://www.proz.com/topic/74420

[Bijgewerkt op 2007-06-08 11:24]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing the character "." into "," for numbers in tag editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »