https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/72822-trados_compatible_with_windows_vista.html

Trados compatible with Windows Vista?
Thread poster: MGB
MGB
MGB
Local time: 02:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2007

I have been told that TRADOS is not compatible with Win.Vista.
I need to buy a laptop and most of them now come with VISTA. My TRADOS is 7.0. Do you think I will have any compatibility problems?
My office is old, 2000 PREMIUM.

Edric Barbosa Filho
Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 02:50
English to Portuguese
Yes, but you have to install .NET 1.1 first May 12, 2007

Trados 7 works fine IF you "force" the installation of .NET Framework 1.1 and its Service Pack 1 before Trados: Vista does not accept it due to incompatibilities, so you must say "I don't care" and do it.

Framework .Net 1.1 and SP1 can be found in the package of Trados, but the installer cannot "force" the installation.

Unpack Trados 7, find the files "dotnetfx.exe" and "dotnetfxsp1.exe", run them ignoring Vista's alerts. Restart Vista. Trados 7 installer will verify t
... See more
Trados 7 works fine IF you "force" the installation of .NET Framework 1.1 and its Service Pack 1 before Trados: Vista does not accept it due to incompatibilities, so you must say "I don't care" and do it.

Framework .Net 1.1 and SP1 can be found in the package of Trados, but the installer cannot "force" the installation.

Unpack Trados 7, find the files "dotnetfx.exe" and "dotnetfxsp1.exe", run them ignoring Vista's alerts. Restart Vista. Trados 7 installer will verify that .NET 1.1 with SP1 is there and will install normally.

I don't know about Office 2000, though. Used it with Windows 2000, and upgraded to Office 2003 when moved up to Windows XP.

Edric

[Edited at 2007-05-12 16:57]
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:50
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Need to upgrade Trados May 12, 2007

As far as I know, Trados 7 will not run with Windows Vista; you'll need to upgrade to Trados 2007

[Edited at 2007-05-12 19:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados compatible with Windows Vista?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »