Mobile menu

SDL Trados 2007 Free Trial - does it work for you?
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:16
Member (2006)
English to German
May 14, 2007

Hello everybody,

I wanted to do the free trial of SDL Trados 2007, which is announced here on

I have downloaded the file and wanted to set it up, but a password was required. So I contacted the SDL Support. I got a very quick and nice response and was told that I can choose a password of my own. So I did that, but it did not work. There is a button "Next" which should be possible to click on after entering the password to proceed, but the button cannot be activated, no matter what type of password (short, long, with or without numbers) I enter.
So I contacted the support again. They said they would ask me to start again from the beginning and they would send me an email with a password, as soon as I register for the download. I did as I was told, but I did not receive an email.
Again, I contacted the support. They were still very nice and willing to help, and said they would ask their technicians. They asked me to try again the next day.
I did, but the problem is still the same.
So I have contacted them again, but in the meantime, I would like to ask you:

Have you tried the SDL Trados 2007 Free Trial?
Did it work?
What did you do to make it work?
Have you any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote
Rufat Ahmadov  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:46
English to Azerbaijani
+ ...
Not very helpful, I am afraid May 14, 2007

I have the same problem and cannot resolve it. The Next button is just greyed out and it is impossible to press it or go ahead by pushing Enter key.

I did not have to contact the Trados support - e-mails were sent promptly after I registered my interest in the product. One was sent before I downloaded it and another after the download, so I got two e-mails but the password was the same.

I downloaded an update from their website which was related to an installation problem, but it did not help.

Did you have previous versions of Trados and did you uninstall them?

Wilmer Brouwer
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Used it and it worked May 14, 2007

I used the trial version last month before I bought it and it worked without a problem. I didn't have to use a password.

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
Problem solved May 15, 2007

I got the password, did the installation, and everything worked fine.

Thanks to everybody!

Gabriela Lozano  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:16
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
free trial Nov 14, 2007

Hi everyone! Do you know the link for downloading the free trial?
Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Free Trial - does it work for you?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs