Batch translation Trados 7
Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 14, 2007

Is it possible to do batch translation in Trados 7 with a remote TM I am connected to, or is it only possible with a local TM. How, if possible, is it done because the functions 'analyse' 'batch', not even 'cleanup' only appear greyed out, so they are not available.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 14:45
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I have no experience with that.... May 14, 2007

... but I can always pretranslate with the local TM.

Do I understand it correctly, you can not pretranslate with a remote TM?! RFor me this would simply mean it is useless.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask about the TM settings May 15, 2007

Hi Laurent and all,

Re. your question about batch translation: use Trados Glue (read the documentation or search the forum for more info).

Concerning the TM: most likely your client has restricted the settings. Ask them to unlock it or provide a superuser password.

Good luck,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch translation Trados 7

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs