Batch translation Trados 7
Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 14, 2007

Is it possible to do batch translation in Trados 7 with a remote TM I am connected to, or is it only possible with a local TM. How, if possible, is it done because the functions 'analyse' 'batch', not even 'cleanup' only appear greyed out, so they are not available.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 11:52
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I have no experience with that.... May 14, 2007

... but I can always pretranslate with the local TM.

Do I understand it correctly, you can not pretranslate with a remote TM?! RFor me this would simply mean it is useless.

regards

Vito

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask about the TM settings May 15, 2007

Hi Laurent and all,

Re. your question about batch translation: use Trados Glue (read the documentation or search the forum for more info).

Concerning the TM: most likely your client has restricted the settings. Ask them to unlock it or provide a superuser password.

Good luck,

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch translation Trados 7

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs