Trados 2007 / Vista / (Office 2007) - TWB not running
Thread poster: KNP
KNP  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
English to German
+ ...
May 15, 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a problem using Workbench 2007 under Windows Vista with Office 2007. From other posts I understand that some people out there were able to put this combination to work, but not me. I installed the 822 build with "Run as administrator" and anti virus software disabled. Trados installed without a flaw (so it seems) but when I start Office 2007:

• - the Trados ribbon shows asian characters among the normal characters

• - when I start the workbench (using Run as administrator, otherwise it does not even open a TM) and try to open a translation segment, I get the error message "Translator's Workbench not running"

• I tried to enable the compatibility mode in Word, I tried to do the same with Trados under "Properties" and I enabled the check box "Run as administrator" for the Workbench (also under "Properties") to see, whether this might change something, but I had no luck.

Anybody out there who experienced the same problems or has an idea? I'm glad I still have my "trustworthy" WinXP/Trados2006 combo running, but I'm quite dissapointed that Trados/SDL -again- delivered a buggy software...

Any help is much appreciated.
    Cheers

Peter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 / Vista / (Office 2007) - TWB not running

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs