Trados 2007 / Vista / (Office 2007) - TWB not running
Thread poster: KNP
KNP  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:58
English to German
+ ...
May 15, 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a problem using Workbench 2007 under Windows Vista with Office 2007. From other posts I understand that some people out there were able to put this combination to work, but not me. I installed the 822 build with "Run as administrator" and anti virus software disabled. Trados installed without a flaw (so it seems) but when I start Office 2007:

• - the Trados ribbon shows asian characters among the normal characters

• - when I start the workbench (using Run as administrator, otherwise it does not even open a TM) and try to open a translation segment, I get the error message "Translator's Workbench not running"

• I tried to enable the compatibility mode in Word, I tried to do the same with Trados under "Properties" and I enabled the check box "Run as administrator" for the Workbench (also under "Properties") to see, whether this might change something, but I had no luck.

Anybody out there who experienced the same problems or has an idea? I'm glad I still have my "trustworthy" WinXP/Trados2006 combo running, but I'm quite dissapointed that Trados/SDL -again- delivered a buggy software...

Any help is much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 / Vista / (Office 2007) - TWB not running

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs