Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 16:07
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 15, 2007

I have used Trados Multiterm since ver. 5.5, and never experienced this before:

I try to create a new term base, and in the last step I am told "Multiterm is unable to create termbase"!

Am I doing something terrible wrong?

I have installed SDL Trados FL after uninstalling the old version. I use .net ver 2, and the latest java. My work bench is 8.0.0.822.

The strange thing is that MT works, and is connected with WB. All my term bases are intact...but I am not able to create new term bases, and I have not been able to import or convert term bases yet with the new version.

Any clue out there?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
check your MTmaster.mtb May 16, 2007

It is essentially the listing of all the dictionaries - could be it turned suddenly read-only, too big - I really would not know... Besides, I can't say what side effects the jump from 5.5 to the latest would entail - this looks definitely like one...

Regards

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Update Multiterm May 16, 2007

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad wrote:

I have used Trados Multiterm since ver. 5.5, and never experienced this before:

I try to create a new term base, and in the last step I am told "Multiterm is unable to create termbase"!

Any clue out there?

If you downloaded and installed Multiterm 2007 in April then there is an update released in May which fixes this problem, which happened to me, too.

HTH

Piotr

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Patch? May 16, 2007

I did not do a switch from 5.5. I have used most of the different versions as the were released.

Regarding a patch: Where can I find this one? I thought that _444 was the latest update. I is from 3 May 2007.

MTmaster.mtb. I assume you mean MTmaster.mdb. This one is not read only on my system.

I will try to do a fresh new install of both products (again) after I finish the job I work with now.

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still a problem May 17, 2007

Still a problem for me after reinstalling the software, and changing the order of the installation, etc etc.

Other people are having the same problems:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/39713

After reading on the support pages on SDL Trados it seems like this version of SDL Trados has been a total mess. I regret that I paid to experience problems like this. I should have kept the working Trados 7.5...

My advice: If you consider to upgrade your functional version of SDL Trados, be prepared for strange error messages and functions not working.

Working with MultiTerm without being able to create a term base is quite frustrating.

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
News from SDL May 17, 2007

RELATED PRODUCT(S)
MTWGSv - 7.x

SYMPTOMS
You are using SDL MultiTerm 2007 Team. Sometimes you can create a termbase with MultiTerm Administrator, sometimes you cannot.
Error String: Could not create termbase
Answer
EXPLANATION
This can be related to the fact that the MultiTerm Team server components have a too short timeout value set. This means that they respond to the client applications before the physical termbase creation has finished.

STEPS
1. On the machine where MultiTerm Team server components are installed, start the registry editor.
2. Open the registry key HKLM\Software\TRADOS\MultiTerm\ServerDatabaseInfo\
3. Create a new string value called CreateTermbaseTimeout. Its values are set in milliseconds. For instance, type in 10000.
4. Close the registry editor.
5. Restart the machine - previous settings might still be cached.
6. The error should no longer appear. If it does, please get in contact with the SDL Support Team.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 acting up

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs