how to uninstall 6.5?
Thread poster: Miranda Verswijvelen
Miranda Verswijvelen  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 21:07
English to Flemish
+ ...
May 16, 2007

Hi, I had a version of Trados 6.5 with limited action on my PC, but now want to get the 2007 on it. However, I can not unistall 6.5 (it tells me that is used by another program) - and when I installed 2007 next to it, it gives all kinds of trouble (runtime errors). Any suggestions on how to get rid of 6.5?

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 10:07
English to German
+ ...
if you are using windows xp sp2 May 16, 2007

Hi! go to control panel and select add or remove programs option, select trados 6.5 in the program listing and remove. the rudimentary part of trados 6.5 can then be manually removed after automatized removal in the afore mentioned add or remove progrms option. Or insert the Trados CD and opt for removal and after uninstalling remove the rest manually. If I were you I would remove office 2007 and install office 2002 or 2003 editions, they run perfectly with trados 6.5. Brandis

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
English to German
+ ...
MS Word open when deinstalling? May 16, 2007

Hi Miranda,

(it tells me that is used by another program)

Did you have MS Word running when trying to deinstall?

To be on the safe side, no other applications should be running when installing or deinstalling.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to uninstall 6.5?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs