Weird behavior of Word after installing Trados
Thread poster: Monika Hamernikova
Monika Hamernikova
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:08
English to Czech
+ ...
May 16, 2007

A friend of mine has recently decided to start working with Trados 2006. Until that time she worked with Wordfast and had no problem whatsover. However, after installing Trados (simultaneously with Wordfast on the same computer), she spotted a weird behavior of Word. Even though there is no Workbench running, Word makes a kind of automatic corrections, which in fact are no corrections - e.g. inserts quotation marks instead of a certain letter, doubles dashes, etc. The more mysterious is the fact that it doesn't do it right after finishing a word (i.e. inserting space, like the automatic correction feature works) but rather with a certain time delay, when she writes another 3-4 words. In addition, it seems that there is no "rule", it is just a random action. My first idea was a virus in the computer but no antiviral has detected anything. She says it's started right after Trados installation. Does anybody have similar experience? Or would you know what the problem could be?

[Edited at 2007-05-17 05:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Rene Ron  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Weird Word behavior May 16, 2007

In my case, it's been several things. The caps lock key doesn't unlock the caps anymore; I need to press the regular cap key. Also, it makes correcions without the usual button for eliminating corrections. Also, the backspace key works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. At random!
Also, it sometimes doesn't show me the source segment, only the translated segment so I have to scroll up to see the source segment (I understand that both the source segment and the target segment should be visible at the same time). All of this happened right after installing Trados 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird behavior of Word after installing Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs