How do I get a license file? Activated BUT demo mode
Thread poster: Miranda Verswijvelen
Miranda Verswijvelen  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 15:23
English to Flemish
+ ...
May 18, 2007

I have bought, downloaded and installed SDL 2007 freelance.
I have activated with the code given online.
I have run the registering application.

so far so good... everything seemed to be OK. Only that translator workbench tells me it's running in demo mode. I've scanned my whole computer in search of this famous license.lic, but I do not have it. How do you get that file? Is it generated at a certain point? It is certainly nowhere on 'my account", I only got a production code. HELP!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:23
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Bug? May 18, 2007

Hi Miranda,

When I bought SDL Trados 2006 about half a year ago, I had the same problem. Although everything seemed to work fine, the program kept reminding me it was running in demo mode. I send an e-mail to the help desk, explaining the problem, and in the end it turned out to be a bug in the program. The message about 'demo mode' just stopped popping up after the alleged 'demo period', while the program kept on running as before. I would have thought they would have this fixed now, though...

If you're worried, contact the help desk. They were very patient and friendly.

Regards,
Hester

Miranda Verswijvelen  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 15:23
English to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really IS demo mode May 18, 2007

Thx for your reply - would be great if it was solved so easily. No, the problem is that it IS really in demo mode. I have a TM from a client which it will not open because it is to big for demo mode... So I'm quite stuck. I have posted a question to support now more than 24 hours ago - still no reply... and yes, I spent another 160 euro for this support!

Anyone got ideas on the license file?

Thx Miranda

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Check the License Manager May 18, 2007

Hi Miranda,

See what it has to say (Progs > SDL International > LM) under "view activated licenses"

HTH
Jill

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:23
Member (2004)
German to English
I have the same annoying problem with trados 2007 tageditor May 18, 2007

it will only run the spelling plug in if i go to the licence manager, let it run, close tageditor then open again and speel check as the first task. The trial period is over but somehow it defaults to trial mode
Soooooo frustrating. I have a few other moans too - I am planning a collective trados 2007 moan post!
Gillian

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Try this May 18, 2007

Found this here:http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

We have made some changes to the online licensing system and have found an issue on liceneses that were generated in the period from 19th - 20th March 2007. Any licenses generated in this period will need to be returned and re-generated.

Please log into the customer centre at: http://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

Login with your email address and password.

Once you have logged in please click on "go to My Licenses".

Now click on "Return License file"

Now click on Generate license file to re-generate the license. This new license will work with your SDL Trados Software

...and I recommend a downgrade to 7.5. MT 2007 does not support Office 2000 (or Office 2007)....

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
German to English
I returned the licence already May 21, 2007

Hi Ivan,
I already saw this and returned the licence and generated another. It didn't solve the problem and tag editor still thinks it is running in demo mode
Gillian

Gisela Murdter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
"view activated licenses" May 21, 2007

Gillian Noameshie wrote:

Hi Ivan,
I already saw this and returned the licence and generated another. It didn't solve the problem and tag editor still thinks it is running in demo mode
Gillian

Gillian,

When you say 'demo mode' do you mean 'trial mode'? If yes: I thought I had the same problem and checked with SDL Trados.

They replied:
'When you go to "view activated licenses" in SDL Trados 2007 License Manager the Trial license will shown and that is correct. Because the trial license will stay there and you are not able to remove it. That is a security for not using a full trial again and again.'

I'll see over the next few days how it goes.

Gisela

[Edited at 2007-05-21 23:29]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Help on SDL Trados 2007 May 21, 2007

Hello,

It is important to check whether you installed version 820 or 822. SDL Trados has recently released a new installer which should fix all the isues that people might have experienced.

If you check in the software - About - you will be able to see which version you are on.

If you are on the old version you are probably better off downloading the new version from your account area and re-install.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards
Massi

Miranda Verswijvelen wrote:

I have bought, downloaded and installed SDL 2007 freelance.
I have activated with the code given online.
I have run the registering application.

so far so good... everything seemed to be OK. Only that translator workbench tells me it's running in demo mode. I've scanned my whole computer in search of this famous license.lic, but I do not have it. How do you get that file? Is it generated at a certain point? It is certainly nowhere on 'my account", I only got a production code. HELP!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get a license file? Activated BUT demo mode

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs