keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:58
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
May 19, 2007

Hello All,

At this moment I am in a serious trouble. I have translated a .xlif file with the help of sdlx 2005 trial version. Everything was going fine but the problem arises at the time of saving the file. I knew that the sequence is: File> Save as>pop up window opens where I'll find .xml or .xlif as type of files. But alas! there's only three choices: .itd, .ttx, *all files*. When I select *all files* and put the .xml extension at the end of file name, the xml file created but ca
... See more
Hello All,

At this moment I am in a serious trouble. I have translated a .xlif file with the help of sdlx 2005 trial version. Everything was going fine but the problem arises at the time of saving the file. I knew that the sequence is: File> Save as>pop up window opens where I'll find .xml or .xlif as type of files. But alas! there's only three choices: .itd, .ttx, *all files*. When I select *all files* and put the .xml extension at the end of file name, the xml file created but cannot open.
How I can create an effective xml file from .itd file?
Please advise.
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:28
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
File > Create translation May 19, 2007

Try using the File > Create translation command - that will convert back the translated itd file in the format of the original document.

Hope this helps,
Roberta

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:58
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks May 19, 2007

Thank you very much Roberta! It works nicely.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How I'll save the .itd files into .xml?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »