Thread poster: keshab

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 19, 2007

Hello All,

At this moment I am in a serious trouble. I have translated a .xlif file with the help of sdlx 2005 trial version. Everything was going fine but the problem arises at the time of saving the file. I knew that the sequence is: File> Save as>pop up window opens where I'll find .xml or .xlif as type of files. But alas! there's only three choices: .itd, .ttx, *all files*. When I select *all files* and put the .xml extension at the end of file name, the xml file created but cannot open.
How I can create an effective xml file from .itd file?
Please advise.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:49
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
File > Create translation May 19, 2007

Try using the File > Create translation command - that will convert back the translated itd file in the format of the original document.

Hope this helps,
Roberta

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 19, 2007

Thank you very much Roberta! It works nicely.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How I'll save the .itd files into .xml?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs