Installing SDLX lite fonts
Thread poster: ciovo

ciovo  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 05:02
English to Croatian
+ ...
May 23, 2007

I have recieved the regular files (itd, tdb, mdb) for translation using SDLX lite. Also received were the fonts to be used. I just can't seem to get SDL Edit to apply them. I installed them through my windows fonts folder. Is this the correct way.

Can anyone help me get over this hurdle?

Thank you!

Pierre

[Edited at 2007-05-23 17:14]

Direct link Reply with quote

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:32
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Perhaps it helps May 23, 2007

Open the sdl file. Go to 'view'. Then 'set source font' and 'set translation font'. In this way you can use any sdl supported font and size also can be changed.

Regards,

[Edited at 2007-05-23 19:07]

ciovo  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Keshab May 23, 2007

Thanks Keshab, but I have already tried that and it gives me jumbled symbols with no meaning. It's quite possible the fonts I received are damaged or just not applicable for the Croatian language.

Thanks for your comment anyways.

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:32
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Check it May 24, 2007

For Indian languages, font problem is very common. I do not know Croatian language, so I cannot comment about it but there are two types of fonts in indic languages. One is true type fonts which are supported by the specific word processors different from each other; they are visible only after installation of fonts and can be written through the specific word processor . And another is Unicode font which is visible easily and can be written on MS word directly by a special key map.

The point is SDL lite supports only unicode fonts.True type fonts appear as junk characters on it. I think in your case this may be happened. The font you received is not unicode and SDL lite does not support it. Please check it with your agency.

Regards,

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... May 24, 2007

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDLX and/or Trados.

ciovo  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you keshab May 24, 2007

I think that you are probably right. I will contact the agency.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDLX lite fonts

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs