TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 12:05
English to Polish
+ ...
May 24, 2007

Hi,

This problem was discussed before, but no solution was proposed really.

I converted an Excel file into an xml file with Multiterm Convert and it worked fine. But when I tried to import entries to the termbase in Multiterm, 0 entries were processed.

It can't be a problem with languages or blank spaces in Excel (I checked it), I even reduced the file to 10 entries (the same problem occured).

I also ran a test conversion and later loading to
... See more
Hi,

This problem was discussed before, but no solution was proposed really.

I converted an Excel file into an xml file with Multiterm Convert and it worked fine. But when I tried to import entries to the termbase in Multiterm, 0 entries were processed.

It can't be a problem with languages or blank spaces in Excel (I checked it), I even reduced the file to 10 entries (the same problem occured).

I also ran a test conversion and later loading to termbase with another, new Excel file, the same way I did with the corrupted file, and it worked well.

I gor the message from the Converter about successful conversion, but Mutiterm produced the message "0 entries processed" and a log with the message "Fatal Error at (file , line 0, column 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened."

Has anyone came up with a solution to this problem?

Katarzyna
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
A suggestion May 24, 2007

Maybe the converted file is wrong.

During the Multiterm Convert process, in the step 5/9, make sure that you select the index field (on the right side) with the corresponding language for each column header field in the box on the left side. You have to click separately on each abbreviation for the column header field in order to select the index field. You do not get switched automatically to the second column header after you do this step for the first column header.
Not doi
... See more
Maybe the converted file is wrong.

During the Multiterm Convert process, in the step 5/9, make sure that you select the index field (on the right side) with the corresponding language for each column header field in the box on the left side. You have to click separately on each abbreviation for the column header field in order to select the index field. You do not get switched automatically to the second column header after you do this step for the first column header.
Not doing so can be a possible reason for the later not loading.
Source: experience

BR,

Vesna

[Edited at 2007-05-24 15:41]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
have a look at the movie I made... May 24, 2007

it addresses this recurring "0 entries processed" stumbling block in MultiTerm.

The URL for the movie is on my page here on ProZ - www.proz.com/profile/91005.

Regards

Vito

Paul Kozelka
Paul Kozelka  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
What a blessing you are! Jul 6, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

it addresses this recurring "0 entries processed" stumbling block in MultiTerm.

The URL for the movie is on my page here on ProZ - www.proz.com/profile/91005.

Regards

Vito

Vito,
I have probably been through the MT Convert process 100 times over the years, most often with tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth, and even sometimes with advice from others. Your wonderful movie helped me discover the one step I usually omit (using the .xdt definition) that now makes it work like magic (as it should!). Many thanks for the time and care you put into it.
Regards, Paul

Emi White
Emi White
United States
English to Japanese
+ ...
Great video! Aug 18, 2007

Thank you so very much for the video, VIto. I could solve the problem I could never figure out after reading the manual for thousands of times!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with loading converted Excel file to Trados 6.5 Multiterm termbase

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »