LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 00:50
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
May 25, 2007

Hello,

I've tried the test version. I can't really decide between Trados 2007 and SDLX. I know that both are in the package, but I'd like to know whether anyone would have opted for SDLX and why?

I encontered problems with Trados 2007 and TagEditor (crashed quite a couple of time) as well as with SDLX (I had to copy many many formats from the source language to the target language).

Thanks,
Caroline

Direct link Reply with quote

David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:50
French to English
+ ...
Why limit your choice? May 25, 2007

charlier_c wrote:

I've tried the test version. I can't really decide between Trados 2007 and SDLX. I know that both are in the package, but I'd like to know whether anyone would have opted for SDLX and why?

I encontered problems with Trados 2007 and TagEditor (crashed quite a couple of time) as well as with SDLX (I had to copy many many formats from the source language to the target language).

Have you had a look at other tools? Wordfast and Déjà Vu DVX are relatively crash free, and both provide Trados compatibility and far better performance at a lower price. MemoQ is another fine up and coming tool with a compact, integrated and very easy to use interface.

Regards,
David Turner

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I like SDLX May 25, 2007

This tool can handle most file formats and the editor is better than Tageditor.
Cheers
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX or Trados 2007?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums