https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/74232-adding_a_new_language_in_teamworks.html

Adding a new language in Teamworks
Thread poster: NickM KIP
NickM KIP
NickM KIP
English
May 30, 2007

I created a new TM in teamworks manager and in multiterm. but it's not showing up in the project settings under languages.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:42
English to French
+ ...
Can you explain a bit more? May 31, 2007

You created a new language in the TW Manager.

When you say that it's not showing up in the project settings, do you mean in the Create Project window, when you're creating a new project (and selecting the languages for the project), or under the project settings of a project that has been started already?

What version of TW are you using? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0?

Have you tried quitting TW and re-launching it? Is the TM you created really in the TW Manager window,
... See more
You created a new language in the TW Manager.

When you say that it's not showing up in the project settings, do you mean in the Create Project window, when you're creating a new project (and selecting the languages for the project), or under the project settings of a project that has been started already?

What version of TW are you using? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0?

Have you tried quitting TW and re-launching it? Is the TM you created really in the TW Manager window, was it effectively created?

[Edited at 2007-05-31 08:52]
Collapse

NickM KIP
NickM KIP
English
TOPIC STARTER
. May 31, 2007

Teamworks 2.0

In Teamworks Manager under Project Templates you set the template for project settings. There is a language section in there where you pick which languages are included.

In this case the particulr language is Danish. I created the TM in TM Manager and I can see the properties of it and it says its available.

I added 3 other language in the past and they all showed up fine. I just can't find why this one is different.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:42
English to French
+ ...
Good one May 31, 2007

We have 3.0 here in house and we've never used the templates, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help

Did you open a case via their support site?

NickM KIP
NickM KIP
English
TOPIC STARTER
. May 31, 2007

I'm doing that right now. I just wanted to check on here real quick if it was something small I missed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding a new language in Teamworks

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »