Thread poster: Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:26
English to German
Jun 1, 2007

Hello everybody,

do you know if it is possible to just buy SDLX, without Trados?
I would like to have SDLX, but I do not want to buy the whole package including Trados, because it is very expensive, and I already own a Wordfast license, which in my opinion is much better than Trados.

Thanks,
Katrin

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:26
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It *was* a possibility even after the merger Jun 1, 2007

I'm not sure whether this is still an option.

Shortly after the merger, I asked an SDLX sales rep whether the Trados/SDLX suite was still available with a dongle instead of the soft license, since my main work machine was a standalone PC that never connects to the internet.

She told me that the dongle was still an option, but that I'd have to decide whether I wanted to buy just Trados or just SDLX, since the dongles were available only for one program or the other.
... See more
I'm not sure whether this is still an option.

Shortly after the merger, I asked an SDLX sales rep whether the Trados/SDLX suite was still available with a dongle instead of the soft license, since my main work machine was a standalone PC that never connects to the internet.

She told me that the dongle was still an option, but that I'd have to decide whether I wanted to buy just Trados or just SDLX, since the dongles were available only for one program or the other.

The best way to find out if this is still the case is to ask someone at SDL.
Collapse

Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:26
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I asked, but got no answer yet Jun 1, 2007

Hello Steven,

Thank you very much for your response. I have sent an email to SDL a week ago, but did not get an answer yet. However, I will try again. Maybe my email got lost.

Katrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Buying SDLX only?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »