Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 03:21
German to Danish
+ ...
Jun 2, 2007

hi,

Trados has a small but sometimes really annoying bug in connection with substitution of measurements.

When I check the check box Measurements in Translation Memory Options/Substitution Localisation Trados interprets every instance of a number followed by the preposition "in" as a number of inches and converts them into the equivalent number of centimeters.

When I uncheck the box, Trados inserts the number followed by the preposition "in" in the target text (when I insert the number with ctrl alt down).

Both is in my case WRONG. I translate from German into Danish, in both languages we use the metric system, no need to convert anything. And I don't need the German preposition "in" anywhere in the Danish text either.

Has anybody ever found a solution or a work around for this bug?

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Annoying bug - substitution - measurements

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs