Annoying bug - substitution - measurements
Thread poster: lisevs
lisevs
lisevs
Local time: 10:04
Jun 2, 2007

hi,

Trados has a small but sometimes really annoying bug in connection with substitution of measurements.

When I check the check box Measurements in Translation Memory Options/Substitution Localisation Trados interprets every instance of a number followed by the preposition "in" as a number of inches and converts them into the equivalent number of centimeters.

When I uncheck the box, Trados inserts the number followed by the preposition "in" in the target
... See more
hi,

Trados has a small but sometimes really annoying bug in connection with substitution of measurements.

When I check the check box Measurements in Translation Memory Options/Substitution Localisation Trados interprets every instance of a number followed by the preposition "in" as a number of inches and converts them into the equivalent number of centimeters.

When I uncheck the box, Trados inserts the number followed by the preposition "in" in the target text (when I insert the number with ctrl alt down).

Both is in my case WRONG. I translate from German into Danish, in both languages we use the metric system, no need to convert anything. And I don't need the German preposition "in" anywhere in the Danish text either.

Has anybody ever found a solution or a work around for this bug?

Thanks in advance
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Annoying bug - substitution - measurements

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »