Mobile menu

Missing Plugins
Thread poster: globtrax
globtrax
English to Czech
Jun 5, 2007

I used to have a few filters in TagEditor - Tools/plugins. Filters which came as a standard with my Trados 6.5. Now the Tools/plugins window is empty, even after reinstalling Trados 6.5

Furthermore, a new ttx job I received causes the following window appear for each TU: "Filter definition not found: Trados Word Filter 1.0.0.0." and I must press Enter to dismiss the window after each TU.

These two issues may be unrelated. Is Trados Word Filter 1.0.0.0. something that only appears in Trados 7? Is there a way for me to get rid of these windows "Filter definition not found:" appearing upon opening of each TU?

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 16:42
German
+ ...
Trados Word Filter only in 7.1 Jun 5, 2007

globtrax wrote:

I used to have a few filters in TagEditor - Tools/plugins. Filters which came as a standard with my Trados 6.5. Now the Tools/plugins window is empty, even after reinstalling Trados 6.5

You may want to try UNinstalling Trados and then reinstalling it.

Furthermore, a new ttx job I received causes the following window appear for each TU: "Filter definition not found: Trados Word Filter 1.0.0.0." and I must press Enter to dismiss the window after each TU.

These two issues may be unrelated. Is Trados Word Filter 1.0.0.0. something that only appears in Trados 7?

To edit Word files in TagEditor, you need at least Trados version 7.1. Ideally, you will want to use the exact same version (up to the build number) as the person who prepared the .ttx file.

Is there a way for me to get rid of these windows "Filter definition not found:" appearing upon opening of each TU?

Upgrade?

HTH,
Benjamin

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Maybe first save in RTF format? Nov 6, 2008

tectranslate wrote:
Is there a way for me to get rid of these windows "Filter definition not found:" appearing upon opening of each TU?

Upgrade?

A solution could be to first save the Word file in RTF format, because Tageditor 6.5 can process .rtf files. Has anyone tried this?

In my eyes upgrading would not be a solution, it would only get me deeper into trouble..

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 16:42
German
+ ...
STF files Nov 7, 2008

Harry, TagEditor 6.5 can process STF (S-Tagged Files) in RTF format, but that's about the extent of it. You cannot just save any old .doc file as .rtf and translate it in TagEditor 6.5, I'm afraid...

B

[Edited at 2008-11-07 09:59]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing Plugins

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs