Problems with Trados project creating and files .XML
Thread poster: PROF.CHIARA

PROF.CHIARA
Local time: 13:31
French to Italian
+ ...
Jun 7, 2007

Hi, to everybody!
I have Trados freelance 2007 and I am preparing a project but I have some difficults.
So, while I am creating the project I introduce the sources files and the I creat a new setting file with the reference files having these extensions: dtd and various files (one if this named SGML sample) all with *.* extension.
Then in the column Filter/tag setting, all source files have the setting file I have created with all this files, but when I push the next bottom the following message appears:
"Unable to process: The project must not have any translatable files without a filter"
What it means? What mistake I made?
I have to change also the original file extension? But I know that tag editor open automatically files with xml extensions!
Oh, I desperate because I am blocked. Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:31
English to Swedish
+ ...
What extention do the source files have? Jun 7, 2007

Hi Chiara,

You have to be more specific:

1. Did you get a custom DTD file from the client? Did you use it to create an .ini file, using the Tag settings wizard in TagEditor?

2. What o you mean about "all with *.* extension". Exactly which extensions do your source files have? Are there only xml, or other formats as well?

3. Did you load/point to the custom .ini file in TagEditor, when trying to open an xml?

Please post an update here...

/Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados project creating and files .XML

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs