https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/75336-tageditor_2007_closes_without_error_message_when_saving.html

Tageditor 2007 closes without error message when saving
Thread poster: Barbara Bubel
Barbara Bubel
Barbara Bubel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:52
German to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2007

I'm running Windows Vista and Trados 2007. I am editing a ttx file. When trying either of the Save As functions, Tageditor closes without an error message. When opening a file, it closes without error message as well. However, I can open the document from the document folder. To further confuse matters, I was able to save my document with the save shortcut key yesterday, but not today: It gives the error "File in use by another process".

I have removed and reinstalled the prog
... See more
I'm running Windows Vista and Trados 2007. I am editing a ttx file. When trying either of the Save As functions, Tageditor closes without an error message. When opening a file, it closes without error message as well. However, I can open the document from the document folder. To further confuse matters, I was able to save my document with the save shortcut key yesterday, but not today: It gives the error "File in use by another process".

I have removed and reinstalled the program several times with clean install as suggested in another post, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Barbara Bubel
Barbara Bubel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:52
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the new download fixes the problem Jun 15, 2007

When in trouble - I should have checked for new downloads. The newest version seems to have fixed the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor 2007 closes without error message when saving

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »