Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:43
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 17, 2007

Hi,

I work with Multiterm 6.2.0.287 and have reinstalled it after a hard disk crash. I still have all my termbases and have copied them from my backup, but don't know how to make Multiterm recognise them. I can open the projects, but it does not show the corresponding termbase in the list of termbases.

Thanks for your help

Kristina

Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
Italian to German
+ ...
re-attaching existing termbases Jun 17, 2007

Hi Kristina,

I hope I've understood correctly your problem and will try to explain the procedure how to reattach the existing termbases:

Termbase -> Attach External Termbase ... -> browse to the Termbase location and indicate a Termbase name -> OK

After that click Termbase - Open Termbase and your termbase should appear in the list.

HTH
Heike

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:43
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no termbases Jun 18, 2007

Hi Heike,

thanks for the tip. However I can find no termbases, only other files show up. In the explorer I can see the project files, and files ending on .LOK, .mtw and .mta.

Kristina

I just realised that these are still Multiterm5 formats, so I need to use the converter. Will see if that works.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-06-18 08:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - finding termbase after reinstallation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »