Changing target language on ttx file
Thread poster: Joy Navarro

Joy Navarro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:52
Member
Tagalog to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2007

Hi Everyone!

I'm using Trados Freelance 7 and I am having trouble in changing the target language of a ttx file.
I just started using tag editor and I don't have a clue how to change the target language.
It all started when my client sent me the ttx file in Tagalog. For some reason, I couldn't open the ttx and the error code 40005 appears. So they sent me the Indonesian file to work on, but gave me instructions to change the target language to Tagalog first on the file.

Thank you in advance.

Joy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 06:52
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I don't know Jun 21, 2007

but I hope you get a good answer from somebody, because I have this problem too

Direct link Reply with quote
 
if I understood you correct Jun 21, 2007

I don't know if I understood you correct, but perhaps the problem is the following:

Windows (and Trados) knows the target language "Indonesian" as id-ID (TradosTag = ID). As far as I know it doesn't know Tagalog.
So I don't know the TradosTag name for Tagalog.

What you can do is to change in the header of the .ttx-file the 'TargetLanguage="ID"' to the corresponding value for Tagalog and change all occuring '', too.

So you change the target language of the document and of every translation unit in the doc.
You best do this with a text editor that supports unicode and mass replace.


This worked fine for me when I expected a Spanish (Modern sort) document and got a Spanish (Spain) ... (I had to change "ES-ES" to "ES-EM")


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Joy Navarro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:52
Member
Tagalog to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 22, 2007

Thanks Rahvin! You understood perfectly.
Fortunately, my client sent me a new ttx in Tagalog..!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
sorry Jun 22, 2007

for those who are interested in: in my prior post there was an error because this forum tried to "understand" the tags that i wrote.

Here's the correct way to change:

What you can do is to change in the header of the .ttx-file the 'TargetLanguage="ID"' to the corresponding value for Tagalog and change all occuring ' Tuv Lang="ID" ', too

Now it should work.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing target language on ttx file

Advanced search







Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs