Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 21, 2007

Dear colleagues

Since I switched to Trados 8 (2007) TagEditor has the annoying habit of replacing all fonts. After storing the target file as RTF or DOC the font will have been changed into Courier.

This despite setting Arial as standard font in the Workbench setup and in all DTP tag settings in TagEditor

Also Workbench seems to 'miss' some segments. Clients write me that here and there some lines were left untranslated. If I run fuzzy match, everything is 'green', but indeed some segments will be untranslated. This applies to Word as well as to TagEditor.

Anyone?

Direct link Reply with quote

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Missing lines Jun 21, 2007

Hello,

you can use the QA checker for serach for missing lines.

The other problem can be file type specific. Give us more infos.

Hans

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where do I find the QA checker? It concerns converted Indesign files Jun 21, 2007

Hi Hans

thanks for your comment.

It concerns converted PDF files and Indesign files. There is a lot of text in those files that is to be ignored, of course, showing light grey if you open them in Word. It is as is if the Workbench considers some of the translateable text to be tags, but if I put the cursor right in front of the skipped segment, it will open it anyway. Next time I run fuzzy match, it will skip the segment again. Weird.

I don't know of a QA checker, where do I find that?

Any comment much appreciated.

- Marinus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor changes the font from Arial into Courier and misses / skips segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs