Mobile menu

ITD file "not compatible with SDLX Lite"
Thread poster: socratisv

socratisv
Greece
French to Greek
+ ...
Jun 22, 2007

I have just received a file in .ITD format. When I tried to open it with SdlX Lite the following message appeared: The document is not compatible with SDLX Lite.
The same hapened when I tried to open it with and wth SDLX (full version).
Does anyone know how can I open this file or / and how I can convert it to another format more easy to manage(Eg:.doc)?

Thank you in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:15
Member (2006)
English to German
SDLX Lite Jun 22, 2007

Hello Socratis,
This happened to me before, also.
If you want to use SDLX Lite on a project, then the ITD file has to be created by someone (e.g. the agency you work for) who owns SDLX Elite, which is the most expensive version of SDLX.
So the best would be to ask the person who created the file if they can provide you with an ITD file that is editible with SDLX Lite.
If they do not own the Elite version, you cannot use SDLX Lite, I am afraid. Since it is for free, it works only if someone else has bought the very expensive version.

You say, you cannot open it with the full version also. When I had two versions of SDLX installed (the Lite version and the full version in trial mode), my computer told me that I had to deinstall one of them.

Hope that helps,
Katrin

socratisv
Greece
French to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It helped a lot! Jun 23, 2007

Thanks a lot Katrin.

It helped a lot! I 've also tried to edit this file after removing the free version of SDLX without result!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ITD file "not compatible with SDLX Lite"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs