Cannot open local existing databases in Multiterm after uninstalling Norton Anti-virus programme
Thread poster: Nathalya

Nathalya  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 27, 2007

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday, my Norton subscription (that came standard with my new Windows Vista laptop) expired. I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG instead.

As I started working in Word, I noticed that the programme is slower and hanging once in a while, also Trados is slower, and to top it all, I cannot open any local termbase in Multiterm, getting the following message:

"Please make sure that MultiTerm Server is installed on the machine you are trying to connect to."

As I open Word, I also get an error message: "Runtime error 429 - ActiveX component cannot create object"

All this happens since I uninstalled Norton.

Does anyone recognize this problem? Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

dr rajeev rawat
India
Local time: 16:40
English to Hindi
+ ...
re install windows Jun 27, 2007

you may try following.

1- re install windows latest version
2- sometimes AVG may be locking some programmes
3-Try again loading Norton by removing AVG completely and restarting.

all the best.

dr rk rawat

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open local existing databases in Multiterm after uninstalling Norton Anti-virus programme

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums