Thread poster: Kalbininkai

Kalbininkai  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 02:02
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jun 27, 2007

Hi,

Can a .mif file be translated using TagEditor? I can't open the .mif file in TagEditor. I can, however translate the file when it's converted into .rtf (it wasn't me who converted it, though).

Is there any way to save a file in TagEditor with extension .mif?

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Darius Porebski
Germany
Local time: 01:02
English to German
+ ...
Use Trados S-Tagger for FrameMaker for conversion Jun 27, 2007

Hi Laima,

a mif file is a FrameMaker file which needs to be preprocessed by Trados S-Tagger for FrameMaker (which is installed usually when installing Trados). This nice little tool helps you converting the mif into e.g. a rtf for TagEditor (here's a link to the S-Tagger documentation: http://www.translationzone.com/de/Images/STagger_en_tcm22-753.pdf ).

After translation you'll need to convert it back into mif. Just follow the instructions in the manual pdf (I think it's better than explaining it here, cuts a long story short ).

Regards

[Bearbeitet am 2007-06-27 14:19]

Kalbininkai  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 02:02
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Jun 27, 2007

Thanks a lot, it works!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.mif files in TagEditor

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs