https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/76532-any_improvements_in_sdlx_not_trados.html

Any improvements in SDLX (not Trados)
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 28, 2007

Many colleagues will remember that SDLX was once an important competitor of Trados. But following the acquisition of Trados by SDL, both tools (Trados & SDLX) are sold as a package. I see that Trados became a better tool since then. Compare Trados 6.5 and 2006 versions (unfortunately not the latest version).

Now I wonder if there are any significant improvements in SDLX. What changed since the 2005 version? There are not so many discussions on SDLX here in Proz.com. Does it mean tha
... See more
Many colleagues will remember that SDLX was once an important competitor of Trados. But following the acquisition of Trados by SDL, both tools (Trados & SDLX) are sold as a package. I see that Trados became a better tool since then. Compare Trados 6.5 and 2006 versions (unfortunately not the latest version).

Now I wonder if there are any significant improvements in SDLX. What changed since the 2005 version? There are not so many discussions on SDLX here in Proz.com. Does it mean that SDLX is a problem-free tool or that the number of SDLX users decrease? Last year I didn't have any clients which asked me to use SDLX, does it mean that SDLX is no more preferred by agencies?
Collapse

Kathi Stock
Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Yes, there are Jun 28, 2007

I still use SDLX as my only TM tool, most of the agencies I work for still require SDLX. Since Trados and SDLX are very compatible, it is not really an issue.

To me, SDLX is just very easy to use and is very user-friendly.

If you go to the sdlx web site, I am sure it gives you the description somewhere what the newest features are. As far as I remember there were certain file types added, which can be processed with SDLX.

Hope that helps!

Kathi

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good news Jul 1, 2007

Thanks Kathi,

It is good news to hear that there are agencies still using SDLX. Although I prefer Deja Vu in most of my projects, SDLX is much more better when compared to Trados (I have used three of them, and many others CATs).

Unfortunately I could not find any information on SDL's website. I suppose SDL prefers to improve Trados, not SDLX, and one day terminate developing it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any improvements in SDLX (not Trados)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »