Thread poster: Charlotte Langbeen

Charlotte Langbeen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:50
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 28, 2007

My SDL Trados 8.0 menu commands have suddenly changed in the Add-Ins tab in Word 2007.

After installing (6 weeks ago) I have had all the individual menu commands under the tab "Add-Inns" ... now I have a Trados box with "Menu Commands" and "Toolbar Commands".

If I want to use the concordance, I have to chose "Add-Inns" then "Trados Menu Commands" and then the command.

Before I would just chose Add-Ins and all the Trados menu commands were there for me to chose (including concordance). Any one had the same problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:50
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
use shortcuts Jun 28, 2007

hi charlotte,

actually I don't know much about add-ins, but by the way I would suggest using shortcuts. I try to use the mouse as little as possible, and it makes me save a lot of time and my right arm and wrist ache less.

so when I use concordance, I just go alt + arrow up. you can find all the shortcuts in the manual and in the trados menu itself. after you get used to it, you'll definitively stop using the mouse.

hope this helps in a way, even if it's not an answer to your question!

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 07:50
English to Portuguese
My Trados 8 has an exclusive tab for it... Jun 28, 2007

Hi Charlotte
My Trados 8 (Trados 2007) installation created another tab specifically for it in Word 2007 "ribbon", labeled "SDL Trados". If I were you I'd try "the old fashioned way":
- locate "normal.dotm" (normal.dot for 2007), delete it (do not open Word 2007);
- open Word 2007 (to create a fresh Normal.dotm), then close it;
- unistall Trados, reinstall;
- after finishing the reinstallation, register Trados in the OS (click on "Register SDL Trados 2007");
- cross your fingers and open Word again: hopefully you'll see the "SDL Trados" tab.
If not, I would uninstall both Office 2007 and Trados 2007 (8.0), remove all references (files with names "Trados*", "SDL*", all), and would install everything from scratch.
Good luck, Edric

[Edited at 2007-06-28 21:06]

United States
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are so right ... Jun 29, 2007

You are absolutely right ... I should take time to learn that and after an afternoon of 'alt' + arrow up ... I am really good at that shortcut... Thanks

United States
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked!!! Jun 29, 2007

Hi Edric,

It worked!! Thank you! Du er en skat, as we say in Danish... (for my minimum fee, I will even tranlate it for you!!) No, thank you SO MUCH. Translation: You are the best... (just about).

Charlotte

Edric Barbosa Filho wrote:

Hi Charlotte
My Trados 8 (Trados 2007) installation created another tab specifically for it in Word 2007 "ribbon", labeled "SDL Trados". If I were you I'd try "the old fashioned way":
- locate "normal.dotm" (normal.dot for 2007), delete it (do not open Word 2007);
- open Word 2007 (to create a fresh Normal.dotm), then close it;
- unistall Trados, reinstall;
- after finishing the reinstallation, register Trados in the OS (click on "Register SDL Trados 2007");
- cross your fingers and open Word again: hopefully you'll see the "SDL Trados" tab.
If not, I would uninstall both Office 2007 and Trados 2007 (8.0), remove all references (files with names "Trados*", "SDL*", all), and would install everything from scratch.
Good luck, Edric

[Edited at 2007-06-28 21:06]

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 07:50
English to Portuguese
You're welcome <:^) Jun 29, 2007

Thank you for the kind words, Charlotte. To understand a compliment like that I'd gladly pay the fee...
Cheers, Edric

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 8.0 - Add-Ins in Word 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs