Andrew Levine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:00
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2007

I have TRADOS 2007 on Windows XP.

1. How do I open TagEditor? I have never used TagEditor before and it doesn't seem to be installed anywhere in the SDL folder where I installed TRADOS.

2. How do I use the .txt file the agency sent me as a TM? Normally I get an .mdb file as my TM.

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
Reinstall Jun 28, 2007

Hi Andrew,

TagEditor should reside in your SDL folder. There are two folders inside the SDL folder, one for SDL Trados and one for SDL MultiTerm. TagEditor resides in the SDL Trados file. If it's not there try to uninstall and reinstall.

As for a .txt. file Open your workbench, open a TM or create a new one, go to File/Import..., click OK (unless you want to change the standard settings), find yout .txt file, click Open.

Make sure your language combinations are the same so you don't mix US-English and UK-English.

Grygorii Gusak
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:00
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TT\TagEditor.exe Jun 29, 2007

A bit more precisely: probably Harmen means Start menu folders. If we are talking about disk folders then TagEditor is \Trados_folder\TT\TagEditor.exe file. If there is no such file - yes, Andrew, you should reinstall Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two simple TRADOS questions: TagEditor & txt TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs