Colours for translated text during translation in TagEditor
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 23:11
English to German
+ ...
Jun 29, 2007

Hello everyone,
I am trying to change the colours in TagEditor (7.1.0.719 Build 720) to better differentiate the translated text from the source text. I always do this in Word when I work with the Workbench and it helps me stay on top of my translation.

I checked the "Help" section of TagEditor and found an entry under Index - Colour, but it doesn't tell me where I need to go to make the changes.
Here is what it says:

"Specify how plain text should display in the TagEditor window during translation. The default for plain text is Arial, 10 point, no effects, black colour. You can change this as required.

To modify the default formatting:
Select the required Font and Size from the drop-down lists.
Select any Effects that you may require.
Select the required Colour from the drop-down list.
Click Next to proceed or click Finish to exit."

It's exactly what I want to do, I just don't know where I can do this!

Could someone please tell me what to do?
Thanks a lot !
Julie

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Not possible Jun 29, 2007

I think what you are refering to concerns the tag settings of a file. But I can be wrong.

AFAIK, changing the text colors like you can do in Word is not possible... yet (it's a work in progress, so I've heard...)

Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 29, 2007

Marie-Claude,
I am not sure if this concerns the tag settings, because I do not want to change the colour of the text in the final version. When I translate with Word and the WB, I make these settings in the WB and the text colours goes back to "normal" (i.e. the same as the source text) after clean-up (ideally, at least)...

Does this not bother anyone else when using TagEditor? Don't you think it's much harder to distinguish between the source and the translated text?

Thanks again
Julie

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Of course it bothers me (and others)! ;-) Jun 29, 2007

I know very well what you are talking about, being able to change the colors like you can do with TWB in Word. I use it all the time in Word. My only workaround in TagEditor is to check my translation using the target language tab, and go back to the Edit tab if corrections are needed.

I have personally voiced this request to SDL representatives numerous times and SDL representatives are listening to what users and powerusers are saying. For the text colors, it's a work in progress, they are just not ready to implement it yet AFAIK...

[Edited at 2007-06-29 14:20]

Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Jun 29, 2007

Well then, I'll just have to make do!
Thanks for your reply

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Colours for translated text during translation in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs