Document structure error:
Thread poster: Michael Moskowitz

Michael Moskowitz  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2007

I'm working in TagEditor on a complex Excel file that has some text boxes added.
Even if I just create a .ttx and immediately try to save the target, I get this message:
Document elements differ between documents: In Workbook Group (Textbox:"[usually a number here]"). In Tradostag document [stuff that's actual;ly in the textbox appaers here]. Please check if the structure of TRADOStag document or the workbook has changed"

I kept blaming myself for doing something stupid and wasted a day. Then did just that: created a .ttx tried immediately saving as a Target and still got the above message.
Anyone outhere knows what to do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Quite forgot it yesterday Jul 2, 2007

This is not a sloution really, but you can try to tear the Excel worksheets one by one off the book to pin the faulty one. Or even translate the worksheets as separate files and combine them afterwards. Have done this for a customer who asked to interleave originals and translations within one Excel workbook. Not much fun, but it works.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs