Slow Word with Trados 8
Thread poster: Patricia Mathieu
Patricia Mathieu
Local time: 13:08
English to French
+ ...
Jul 4, 2007

I use Trados 9 with Word 2007 and it takes forever to get from one segment to the next. Since I don't have this problem with TagEditor, I guess it must come from some setting in Word that needs to be changed.

Could you let me know I can solve this problem ?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
get a cup of coffee :p Jul 4, 2007

Hi Patricia,

If that´s any comfort to you, I have exactly the same problem - running on trados 8 trial version with office 2003 though. Closing/opening takes foreeeeeeeever.
By emptying a bit the hard disc (uninstall video games, softwares, etc..) cleaning it and doing a rebooting, and translating only with word and TWB open (no music, no skype, etc... only the 2 softwares running) I gained some speed.
Looks like it´s a general bug on trados 8...
Hope that helps !

Regards

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Word 2007 VBA Jul 6, 2007

Hello.

one possible problem with Word 2007 seems to be the extremly slower execution of the VBA Macros in Word.
Use Tageditor if possible.

Regards

Hans

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
No, it's not a bug in TRADOS 8, it's an issue in Word 2007's VBA Jul 6, 2007

Looks like it´s a general bug on trados 8...
Hope that helps !

Regards

I think this has already been discussed in other thread but the speed issue of Trados with Word 2007 (in comparison with other Word versions) is because VBA in Word 2007 is slower than in previous versions.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow Word with Trados 8

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs