Thread poster: Cayce Hill
Cayce Hill
Cayce Hill  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 6, 2007

I have just purchased Trados 7.0 and want to go through the tutorials. I purchased it online, and want to make sure I've downloaded all the necessary components. In my programs menu currently I see the following programs: "SDL Trados Freelance 2007" and "SDL Multiterm 2007". Then, within each of those I see a number of tutorials.

1. Is there anything I've failed to download that I should be seeing as an option?

2. I'm assuming I should begin with the SDL Trados
... See more
I have just purchased Trados 7.0 and want to go through the tutorials. I purchased it online, and want to make sure I've downloaded all the necessary components. In my programs menu currently I see the following programs: "SDL Trados Freelance 2007" and "SDL Multiterm 2007". Then, within each of those I see a number of tutorials.

1. Is there anything I've failed to download that I should be seeing as an option?

2. I'm assuming I should begin with the SDL Trados Tutorial. As I go through it, I notice that the tutorial view shows the workbench and the word document as if they were pasted together. Mine open separately. Is there a way to "stick" them together?

3. I keep seeing references to "SDL Trados Synergy", but do not see this in the Start view of Windows, or under Programs. Where would I find it?

Thank you,
Cayce

[Edited at 2007-07-06 01:54]
Collapse

Owen Davies
Owen Davies
Japan
Local time: 19:22
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Pin on Top? Jul 6, 2007

Hi Cayce,

I'm not sure about 2007, but I'm pretty sure that the Workbench is always separate to the Word document. However, if you want to have your Workbench permanently on top of the Word document you are working on, try View -> Pin on Top in the Workbench. This will keep your workbench "at the front" of your screen at all times. Can be quite useful.
Hopefully someone who has the new 2007 version can help you with the rest of your queries.
All the best
Owen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tutorial question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »