Problem with cleaning Excel file in TagEditor
Thread poster: Paul Adie

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 6, 2007

Hell All,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me at all - pretty urgent. When I try to clean an excel file in TagEditor (using 'save target as'), it comes up with the following message:

'Enter the values'!A1 from cell: "GET THE DATA" does not exist in workbook. PLease check if the structure of the TRADOSTag document or workbook has changed.

Anyone help me out here? I'd give you my left (not right) arm.

Best,

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Maybe a corruption problem in the Excel file? Jul 6, 2007

When I have not the palest idea how to fix a problem like yours or a similar one, I usually copy the Excel file to a blank Word file, run it using the TM which already contains the translation, clean the file up, and finally re-paste the translation to the Excel file.

I know, it's a mess but if you have no other solution...:)

At least, you can recover your translation from the TM.

Hope it works!

Anto

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good suggestion... Jul 6, 2007

Hey Maria,

Thanks for the idea - but the thing is this Excel sheet is 'layered' - it has hyperlinks to other parts in the Excel sheet, and all the pages seem are interconnected. I'll see if I can copy all the sheets onto Word, and see what happens. I hope the hyperlinks work...

Best,

Paul

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:57
English to French
+ ...
Original document? Jul 6, 2007

As you probably know, the original Excel (the one that was used to create the .ttx file) needs to be in the same folder as the .ttx file you are trying to clean up/save as target.

If in the mean time you have modified the Excel file, the clean up won't work and you will get this error. Locate the original file, place it in the same folder as your .ttx file and try cleaning up/saving as target again.

I had this error 2 weeks ago and I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. Until I discovered that the Excel file in the folder was another one! (one actually already translated...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with cleaning Excel file in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs